Prettifying the world one nail at a time.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

The Digit-al Dozen Redoes Art - Water Lilies


Hello lovelies!

Pffff I made it, the last installment of this month's Digit-al Dozen week! It was such an incredibly fun theme this month, but I struggled to get everything done. But I made it and am only two days late ;)

I'm finishing off this week with water lilies and I think you all know whom I was inspired by.


Monet "Water lilies", 1916 source
Alright, so my rendition came out even 'happier' than Monet's, but still! This was fun. I used a whole bunch of nail polishes for this look, starting with a base of Lucky 13 Lacquer "Mist and Shadow":

Then I used my detail brush and this list of polishes to paint everything on:
  • Aliquid Lacquer "Yooper"
  • LynBDesigns "Granger"
  • HEMA blue
  • China Glaze "Boho Blues",
  • Sinful Colors "Snow me White", "Black on Black"
  • Essence "Little Miss Sunrise", "I love Bad Boys"
  • W7 "Spearmint", "Pillar Box Red"
  • Catrice "PuREDified Simplicity"

I sealed it in with two coats of Seche Vite.



I'd love to know what you think! I'm still not sure whether it's a fail or not, it just doesn't look like the original as much as I would've liked it to.

Be sure to look at all the other ladies' beautiful manicures below!


6 comments :

  1. Definitely not a fail! Your freehanding is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this painting! <3 I'm so glad you decided to recreate it! Amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible! I could see Monet immediately. This and the poppies were my favourites you did this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! These are amazing and look like a piece of art for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are AMAZING - you did such a wonderful job. :) Kudos to your freehand skills!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a piece of art on your nails. You should be so proud of this stunning design, Lothwen D:

    ReplyDelete

I love it if people leave comments, they make my day! However, please don't post links to web pages, because I will delete these comments!