Prettifying the world one nail at a time.

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Ms. Sparkle January Duo


Hello lovelies!

If you were born in January, or in need of a present for someone who was, you're in luck! Ms. Sparkle has launched monthly duos for 2016 and I have the January Duo to show you! The duo consists of a polish inspired by the astrological sign and one inspired by the birthstone; for January, that means Capricorn and garnet. Let's start with the latter:





Garnet is a beautiful deep red jelly with a pinkish shimmer and loads of red little glitters. It is opaque in two easy coats and dries super fast, but a top coat is required to bring out the beautiful gloss. I paired it with some gold triangles from BPS. I thought it complemented the red beautifully.



Now for Capricorn:





Capricorn is a stunning black jelly with scatter-to-linear holo and a red flash. The red flash is very beautiful in medium sunlight, whereas the holo sparkles like mad in bright direct light. Shown here are two coats with top coat. No application issues to report!




I decided to go a little nuts with this one, since I kept the nail art on the Garnet very low-key...



I stamped with Konad silver (not the best silver stamping polish, it isn't as silvery as the BPS one) and BP-L004. On my ring finger I applied a cameo charm from ebay. At the bases of the other nails, I applied some shiny pearls.

What do you think of these polishes? I think they're absolutely beautiful and I am so happy I got to swatch them! I have already used Garnet 3 times; once on my sister and tonight on a friend, it is so perfect for Christmas! 

If you're as excited about these as I am, I encourage you to visit Ms. Sparkle's shop and social media! Ms. Sparkle is 5-free, cruelty-free and vegan and currently she has 124 items in her etsy, so feast your eyes!



Follow my blog with Bloglovin
*These products were sent to me for my honest review. All opinions are my own.

8 comments :

  1. that dark color is just amazing. I think I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Capricorn is a stunner. I love your cameo jewel on it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something so beautiful about Capricorn.. is it a true black jelly or aren't my eyes tricking me and is it a super deep oxblood shade?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both polishes are gorgeous!! I really love those little triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Capricorn is freaking amazing! Look at that depth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last mani shot is so gorgeous! Capricorn is such a beautiful polish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the subtle shimmer to the first red you mention. The triangles looked so good with it too :D

    ReplyDelete

I love it if people leave comments, they make my day! However, please don't post links to web pages, because I will delete these comments!