Prettifying the world one nail at a time.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Fun with Essie Watercolors!


Hello lovelies!

Got another look with Essie's Silk Watercolor Kit today, completely different from the last one



I painted my index and pinky with Sinful Colors "Black on Black". On my middle and ring finger, I painted two coats of Celestial Cosmetics "Opie", a silver sparkling holo beauty. Then I created a gradient with the three Essie jellies, using the brush and adding layers as needed to achieve the desired opacity and gradient. I let it dry and then stamped with Delush Polish "Dazed and Enthused" stamping plate. Finally, I sealed it in with SV.


In the shade, the jellies get a deeper tone:


But in sunlight, the holo sparkles through a bit!


What do you think? Have you ever tried jellies like these?


10 comments :

  1. Love the color combo of the jellys! I have yet to try the essie jellys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Essie watercolors are SO awesome. I had so much more luck with them than the OPI paints. Lovely manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on Facebook earlier and completely fell in love with this mani. It's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you've got a holo underneath and it transferred the sparkle to the jellies looking like you did a gradient with holos? That is so cool! Now I know what to do with my Color Club minis that I bought by mistake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The things some of you can do with Essie polishes. I can barely get them to apply. All the ones I get the formulas are complete crap. haha Love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like their water color line! Yuo did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the silk watercolours, there is so much you can do with them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this manicure has turned out super well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe these are Essie polishes!

    ReplyDelete

I love it if people leave comments, they make my day! However, please don't post links to web pages, because I will delete these comments!