Prettifying the world one nail at a time.

Monday, May 18, 2015

HPB Presents: May Flowers - A Tablecloth Design


Hello lovelies!

I'm participating in this month's Hobby Polish Blogger's Linkup, which is themed May Flowers. I love floral designs, but I've done a few colourful ones already, so this time I decided to give it a twist:


I started off with two coats of Maybelline Color Show "Cool Touch" and then stamped with Laushine white polish and BP-L004 from Born Pretty Store. Then I used black acrylic paint and a detail brush to paint on the flowers. As you can see, I had a bad case of the shaky hands! Man it's hard to paint details when you just can't keep your hands still! 


Now despite the bad execution, I really like the idea of this mani. I like its monochromaticity. What do you think?

And don't forget to check out the manis done by the other lovely participants of this month's linkup, which you can find below!


16 comments :

  1. These are lovely!!! I like that you kept it neutral in color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the grayscale look

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look! I love monochromatic manis, and this looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love what you did with this prompt. They look awesome! I would buy this if it was a real tablecloth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the black and white version of May Flowers! Still very appropriate... I want to wear this mani with a yellow dress :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the basket weave background with the flowers, it's seriously pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on the theme--black flowers are so unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stamped background, adds so much more visual interest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a special interpretation! I always think of colours when I think of flowers, using a black and white combo really makes it unique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think it's a bad execution at all! I love the way they came out and I love the toned-down feel of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think this is poor execution at all, it looks great! <3 I love the monochromatic look of it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how these turned out, seriously!! I'm so crushed I'm not going to have time to take part in the link-up this month but you (and everyone else from the looks of it) did a REALLY great job with the theme!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the use of the gray, white and black. It's so different for the challenge. And the stamping looks like a trellis behind them.

    ReplyDelete

I love it if people leave comments, they make my day! However, please don't post links to web pages, because I will delete these comments!