Prettifying the world one nail at a time.

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Japanese mani for my Japanese friend!


Hi lovelies!

Sorry for having been MIA for so long; I had caught a bad bug and was kinda busy fighting it... But today's a happy day, for my Japanese friend celebrates her birthday! Since I haven't seen her in ages, I thought I'd do a mani in her honour.


I used BP-78 for this, which I also used here last week. I stamped with BP magenta stamping polish over Rimmel "Sweet Retreat". This all seemed to go perfectly, until I applied top coat over it. See how the background design looks all blurry in some places? I thought: "What the bleep?!" I checked whether there was residue on my top coat brush, but nothing. So it wasn't smearing. It couldn't have been! But what then? I didn't know until I looked at the macro:

See how the stamping polish has changed colour? How it got all weird and light in some places, especially around the edges and where the polish is thin? I will report this problem to BPS, so they'll be able to fix it. I haven't had this problem with any other of their polishes!

Anyway, after the background design, I stamped again, with Konad black. I didn't apply top coat, so it's nice and satin against the glossy background.


Have you ever experienced anything like this with a (stamping) polish? I'll try the polish again, with a different top coat, but this is all for now! Happy birthday, my friend!


7 comments :

  1. I love the colors you used! What a great mani for your friend. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. These nails are awesome!! I really love the base that you created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to know you are back and better, and I hope you stay that way! I love the flowers as the backdrop for these nails; they look incredibly detailed and artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This mani is adorable. Firstly, the stamped background is so cute and subtle. I don't know what could have happened with the top coat though, very strange! The stamped designs are so cute and perfect for her birthday. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So weird the stamping polish faded! I never seen something like it before. It still came out great, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool! Weird about the stamping polish changing colors.... I think it made an interesting effect, though.

    ReplyDelete

I love it if people leave comments, they make my day! However, please don't post links to web pages, because I will delete these comments!