Prettifying the world one nail at a time.

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Residual Halloween Manis - Oops!


Hello lovelies!

I meant to post these Friday and Saturday, in time for and on the time of Halloween, but both days I was not feeling well at all, so I couldn't muster up the strength to post these. Therefore I'll show them now and perhaps you can use them as inspiration for next year! 

Let's start with a mani that was loosely inspired by Cosmetic Sanctuary. I did not have her awesome vinyls or her awesome nail charm (I ordered one, but it hasn't arrived yet), so I created this:


My base is Celestial Cosmetics "Hokulani", a Hella Holo group custom. It is a beautiful ultra holographic purple pretty, of which I will show swatches later. I freehanded a spiderweb with a white striper from Vogue and then created a spider using two black round rhinestones that I randomly found at my local drugstore. I painted the legs with a striper brush and Sinful Colors "Black on Black" and then added some eyes and a cross on the spider with Laushine red stamping polish and a detail brush.

Despite the cross not being super neat, I do adore the way this little fellow came out! 


I wore this mani for a day and NOBODY commented on it, can you believe? I thought it was absolutely adorable! People be strange, yo! ;)

Now let's move on to a super simple mani (photos shot in lightbox):


This was super simple to achieve. I put Girly Bits "Monster Mash" over Essence "Lilac Is My Style". Then on my accent nail, I placed some decals from BPS, you can find them here. I topped it all off with Seche Vite and then with HEMA matte top coat. Super easy 30-minute mani :)


I hope you still enjoyed these manis, despite them being shown to you after Halloween. Which one is your favourite?


4 comments :

  1. Now why didn't I think of using rhinestones to make a spider?! I had something similar to that planned but I don't have a spider stamp. Those decals are really cute too. I love both manis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are fun! I think the water decals are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how the matte top coat transforms the glittery manicure, this effect is so nice.
    I like both nail art ideas bt my fave is the second one ;-)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love these both. Of course I am in awe of that Celestial and so glad I got it.

    ReplyDelete

I love it if people leave comments, they make my day! However, please don't post links to web pages, because I will delete these comments!