Prettifying the world one nail at a time.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Twinsie Thursday - Spooky Glow-In-The-Dark Eyes...


Hello Lacquer Lovers!

Last month, Lothwen and I received a request to do glow in the dark manicures. Of course, we accepted the challenge! We decided to do some spooky glow in the dark eyes.




I started off with two coats of Rimmel London Black Satin. Using a dotting tool, I dotted pairs of eyes with an unnamed neon yellow Color Club. I used China Glaze Ghoulish Glow to make the yellow glow in the dark. To make the eyes look 'angry' I took a striping brush and painted two diagonal lines along the top. I finished the look off by adding the pupils.


Now, I must admit there we my technical difficulties. As you can see in the photo below, I could get a bottle shot of Ghoulish Glow, as the glow is so intense, but my nails would not show up on my camera to save my life! I guess in small amounts the glow is not intense enough. :( I could see them glowing, but my camera would not pick them up. It is very disappointing, as they looked super cool. You'll just have to take my word for it. ;)

As I writing this post, I haven't to see Lothwen's manicure. She always rocks Twinsie Thursday, so I bet they are amazing. You can head over to my blog to view her manicure!


I'll see you next month for another Twinsie Thursday! 

Ohhhhhh Samantha I love how your eyes pop, mine are hardly visible in the light! Also, I forgot to make them yellow, lol! Yours are awesome :D I also love how they, despite being creepy, are also silly and cute! Now go to Samantha's blog!

10 comments :

  1. Fun! Too bad you were not able to pick up the glow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaahhhh! This is so adorable!! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these so much! Such a simple, but striking Halloween design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, too bad, these look like they'd look super scary in the dark! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well this is too darn adorable. Love the little eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Glow in the darks are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute! I've been wanting to try something out like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Marisa, I've been wanting to try this out and this is such a cute way to do it!!

    ReplyDelete

I love it if people leave comments, they make my day! However, please don't post links to web pages, because I will delete these comments!